Sticking with .25 or moving up to .5?

Hong Kong Yanpep International
the .25 cagri stopping the food noise that reta was not fully covering is the exact pattern where cagri becomes the add rather than a higher reta dose. starting cagri at week 4 while staying at .25 reta is patient and it paid off. what is the current combined status?
 
If you're only doing .25 there are 8 doses total in that pen. Usual protocol is four weeks at .25 before bumping to .50, so on your third week you'd still have one more .25 dose left, then two rounds at .50 after that.
 
Same boat here. Just agreed with my provider to hold at the lower dose an extra month given some unusual reactions I sometimes get. Giving my body extra time to adjust.
 
Standard approach tends to be the lower dose for four weeks, then stepping up for another four. Might genuinely be worth following that structure. No harm in bringing it up with your doctor either.
 
Appreciate the info, though nerves got the better of me and I held steady at .25. Progress has been gradual there, so probably sticking put until things flatten out. Could be as soon as next week, who knows.
 
If 0.25 was already doing the job, there's really no need to push higher. And I definitely wouldn't bump two different medications simultaneously, you'd lose any way of pinpointing which one's actually causing side effects.
 
Thanks for the reply. Now that you've raised your dose, is the weight still coming off? I'm on week three of 5 after starting at 2.5 back in January and losing 30. Now I've dropped another four over about three weeks (was stuck bouncing between the low 220s while sitting at 2.5). Has your own progress sped up now that you're higher, and what number are you at these days? Thanks!
 
Drop back to .5. Not sure why some doctors push the dose up that quickly. Three months in myself, 20 pounds down, and I'm barely past the starting level.
 
Losing that amount weekly still counts as a healthy pace. Depends a bit on your starting weight, maybe pushing slightly faster is fine too. In your position, I'd probably hold longer until the rate drops to about half that.

As for stepping up, the standard next amount is one option, but there's an appeal to an in-between dose too, something I'm considering myself. Worth searching around here for people who tried that middle ground, mixed results reported, some happy staying there and some glad they jumped straight to the bigger step. Really comes down to what works for your body.
 
My prescriber raised this very question with me two weeks back. My reply: why move to 1 mg while I lose a steady 1.5 lbs weekly? The answer was that standard practice is a month of 0.25 mg, a month of 0.5 mg, then 1 mg. Honestly I wasnt convinced at all. I am staying put on 0.5 mg, stepping up only if the scale really stalls. Its working and I like 0.5 mg, so paying extra makes little sense or invite extra side effects. Good thing you raised it, someone else here also suggested staying at 0.5 mg.
 
Hi OP! Been on a couple of months, .25 for 5 doses then .50. Weeks 1-2 were bumpy, week 3 much better, so I figured I'd adapted and would step up to .5 following week four. Week four was awful though, way more nausea and tiredness, so I held .25 through week five and that went much better. So for me side effects swung week to week early on. After 5 weeks at .25 I went to .50 and it's been fairly smooth. Side effects are mild now, especially with small amounts of food all day rather than big meals, and some food has to be in my stomach as soon as I wake or I feel queasy. Read up on others' advice and good luck!
 
Back
Top