Tirz or Reta... or Switch?

Hong Kong Yanpep International
Been with Mochi since September 2024, zero issues with their pharmacy switch even though others complained. Really like my doctor. $99 for Sema any dose, $79 monthly membership. I pay monthly, though some do 3-month supplies. Try code FUUQ4G for $40 off first month.
 
Finishing the tirz before switching makes practical sense. If you've been tolerating it well, overlapping Reta at the end also gives you data on how the two interact without committing fully.
 
6mg reta alongside tirz is a documented stall-breaker - the mechanism shift does what neither compound achieves solo.
 
the heart rate concern with a pre-existing cardiac condition is a real clinical variable, not just precautionary advice - the glucagon receptor component in Reta does add cardiac load that Tirz doesn't, and for someone with a documented heart condition the incremental weight loss benefit doesn't necessarily justify that additional risk. the 'nearly the same benefits' framing is fair for most applications
 
3 months and 25 down before the food noise came back and the skin sensitivity hitting at the same time is a common combined signal on reta. Switching to Tirz when both of those show up makes sense. The 3-month reta run gives you useful comparison data for how the two feel.
 
85 lbs in the first year on Tirz and looking to lose another 125-150 is a lot of runway still. The Tirz working this well through year one is a good sign for what adding Reta could do if you decide to make the move. How is the appetite suppression holding up at 15mg currently?
 
95 lbs in 12 months on straight Tirz is one of the better results you'll see here. If it's still moving, finishing the Tirz first and using the Reta as the next chapter makes more sense than switching mid-result. The tapered response at this stage is pretty normal.
 
If the zep is covered under your copay, worth trying it for a month or two to see how your body reacts. Hang onto the reta meanwhile since it keeps fine in the freezer. Switch right back if the zep doesn't agree with you.
 
Did my second Reta shot last Wednesday at .6mg, moving up to 1.2mg next week. Running it alongside the 4mg weekly tirz dose I'm already on. Plan is to titrate reta higher while bringing tirz lower over the coming months - dropping tirz to somewhere around 2.5-3.0mg weekly since that splits conveniently out of the 15mg vials I've got. Reta will keep climbing until it's actually driving slow weight loss. Been holding steady at 215 for a year now after losing 55 on tirz. Goal is to settle at 200-205, I'm 6'4. Haven't decided yet whether tirz or reta becomes the long-term maintenance choice once I get there, though eventually I'd like to be down to a single weekly shot of just one compound. Got a good stash of both, might even end up alternating every six months once I'm at goal. Still working that part out.
 
Honestly the suppression held up great right up until I switched things around. Tirz at 15mg was working really well for me, but reta's extra perks pulled me over about two months back. Still have 50 lbs left to shed, and since making the change nothing's really clicking the way I hoped - the scale hasn't moved either. Currently at 5mg and climbing, so hopefully bumping to 6 turns things around. Otherwise tirz comes back into the rotation.
 
Been on TIRZ two years now, lost 36% of my body weight. Then it just stopped moving anything at 15mg. Since May I've been gradually moving across toward RETA and Cagri, hoping for another 50 pounds gone. Health's improved a ton too - hashimoto, rheumatism, liver, all better. Planning to stay on this for life honestly, since I've been obese for 48 years straight. Hoping newer compounds show up eventually with fewer side effects.
 
Comparing side effects across the two compounds honestly doesn't feel fair here. Started the first one through a compounding pharmacy and moved up every four weeks. Reached a fairly high amount after a few weeks at that level. The body did not like that amount at all. Serious exhaustion the day following each dose. Constant heartburn at varying intensity that was genuinely uncomfortable. Zero appetite, and apparently noticeably grumpier according to a spouse. Throughout that whole stretch, burping happened nonstop, some of it genuinely unpleasant. Made the call to switch over to the second compound, mainly based on research suggesting better alignment with personal goals. Started that one very cautiously, small amount, and worked up gradually over three months to a moderate level. Only some occasional sweating at that level. Managed to drop the first compound entirely during that window. Miss it though, since joint pain relief was a major benefit from the reduced inflammation. Joints started aching again once off it.

Currently running both together and researching an additional compound, with another one on the way soon. Joints feel better, the number keeps slowly dropping, less grumpiness, and the marriage seems intact. Life's good.
 
Back
Top