Almost a year on Oz - my story!

Hong Kong Yanpep International
started at 242, now 187. that's 55 pounds since summer. new wardrobe, new everything. twelve away from my goal but numbers are just that — how you feel matters way more. this med rewired how i think about food. not all the time anymore. that's been life-changing tbh.
 
Fatigue worse than nausea at weeks 4-6 and falling asleep after work is a rough stretch that most people don't predict going in. The OP at almost a year and 76 lbs down is what pushing through that period looks like on the other side. Did the fatigue eventually fully resolve or just become manageable?
 
Two years on Oz and then the switch to Tirz when the suppression fades is such a common progression. The new mechanism covering what Oz had stopped covering is a textbook move. Only a short time in is too early for results but the appetite response usually shows up before the scale does. How has it felt in the first few days?
 
Thanks so much for laying that out. Guess this whole prescription side of things is still pretty fresh, but maybe eventually we'll be combining the shot with some new generic pill option (apparently just cleared by Health Canada). Sort of tracks that our bodies would push toward some kind of baseline state, fat included. Hard to say for sure though.
 
Really appreciate you sharing that. This whole area is pretty new prescription-wise, so maybe eventually we'll see something like combining the injection with another approved oral option, that was just approved by Health Canada. Kind of makes sense the body would try to push back toward whatever it considers normal, even if that baseline includes carrying extra weight. Not totally sure though.
 
5 foot tall and currently right at my target of losing 40 pounds, started at 140. Took nine months total, with that final stretch dragging and moving slowly. Began on the oral form, transitioned to the injectable, and now easing toward maintenance. Dealt with rough nausea and exhaustion throughout, probably from not eating quite enough, plus noticeable hair thinning.
 
f49 here, started O in August 2022 for t2d. five ft 2, began at 243, now around 160-165. While just my appetite was suppressed I learned just to eat differently and less, and I tried just not to change that habit once the suppression faded. My loss has stalled now but hey, I dropped almost 90 pounds so I'm happy. learn to eat less, more frequently.
 
I'm 5'2 and on Oz mostly for T2 diabetes. I began in Dec 2024 at 163 and I'm at 145 currently, taking 0.5 mg. The loss is gradual, but I think I've stalled. My side effects are constipation, some nausea, and hair loss (I tried pumpkin seed oil capsules, which stopped it getting worse but didnt reverse it). A few foods dont appeal anymore. My health is better though! Almost 20 lbs off and my belly still bulges, which my doctor warned about lol, maybe because food sits longer with slow motility and constipation. Annoying, but my labs have improved so much that I let it go.
 
Back
Top