Car seat NSV!

Hong Kong Yanpep International
Yeah, been there. Cushions under every seat now. Restaurants are getting tricky too. Almost brought my pillow last week. The standing desk at work helps though.
 
the site access changing with weight loss is something most people don't anticipate - the fat tissue that made certain injection sites comfortable and easy to reach also shifts as it reduces. switching pen types is one option; a shorter needle appropriate for lower body fat coverage is another adjustment worth considering as the body composition changes
 
the auto-injector cartridge reliability variance is the thing that keeps some people on manual syringes even when they prefer the auto format - the jam-and-restick cycle on a bad cartridge is more stressful than just completing the injection manually. keeping a manual backup for the occasions where the auto hesitates is worth the small overhead
 
Ah yes, that exact feeling! Going from barely being able to close the seatbelt, practically begging for an extender just to get it latched, to having so much extra length you can actually pull the slack tight! That was a massive non-scale win I still remember clearly!
 
Dropped 55 pounds this year. Down to a size 8, I think? Still find myself yanking the car seatbelt way past where it needs to go, and it kind of pops back and smacks me while I'm buckling in.
 
83 pounds gone, currently holding at maintenance.

Flying is a completely different experience now! Not just fitting properly in the seat, most of the time I have to cinch the belt several notches from whatever the previous passenger left it at, rather than letting nearly the whole strap out.

Strangers just generally treat me better out in public these days. Not proud of that observation, but it's real.

Apparently my kids and my husband have both heard from their friends that I'm good looking now.

Barely notice heat or physical effort making me sweat anymore.

Having to replace basically everything in my closet.

Some loose skin has shown up on my stomach and beneath my chin.

And yes, hard chairs are noticeably less forgiving these days.
 
Congrats.
Don't actually know my starting waist measurement or exact weight since I was too embarrassed to measure before losing anything, but my stomach used to press right against the wheel when I first began driving myself around, and these days there's a solid eight inches of clearance there instead.
 
Back
Top