Did I mess up my BAC water?

Hong Kong Yanpep International
So, I ordered BAC water from an online shop, thinking it was the stuff made by Hospira. But what I got is labeled "Bacteriostatic 0.9% Sodium Chloride". It says it's distributed by Hospira, but the label isn't the same as the other stuff, which had a red/pink block and listed 0.9% Benzyl Alcohol.

Did I screw up my order? Can I still mix it with Reta? Or should I find the Hospira BAC with the reddish label? I'm just starting out and want to do things right.

Thanks! 😎
 
The store probably carries both types, but they might not show the labels to avoid problems. If you specifically ordered normal BAC water and they sent you the saline version, contact them and ask for a replacement. If you accidentally ordered the saline BAC, I'm not sure what to tell you. I've heard saline BAC and Reta don't mix well, so it might not be worth the hassle of returning it. But you could always save it for future research with other peptides.
 
Hey Chill-Girl, I saw your post about BAC water. It's important to reconstitute correctly for optimal results. Have you used a peptide calculator before? It can help you figure out the right amount of BAC to add. There's a good one here on the other forum.
 
I agree with MyBro. Using a peptide calculator is crucial for accurate dosing. It eliminates guesswork and ensures you're getting the correct concentration. Here's a calculator for those who need it: Peptide Calculator
 
Just wanted to add something I learned about sermorelin. For every 2 mg of sermorelin, use 1 ml of BAC water to reconstitute it. So, for a 5 mg vial, add 2.5 ml of BAC water. Then, if you are using an insulin syringe, every 5 units equals roughly 100 mcg.
 
True_Bro said:
Just wanted to add something I learned about sermorelin. For every 2 mg of sermorelin, use 1 ml of BAC water to reconstitute it. So, for a 5 mg vial, add 2.5 ml of BAC water. Then, if you are using an insulin syringe, every 5 units equals roughly 100 mcg.

That's a good tip! Also, keep in mind that with sermorelin, avoid eating carbs for about an hour before injecting, as they can interfere with its effectiveness.
 
Worth checking the pH of your bac, that could be the culprit. Looks to me like it just never fully mixed, it's actually a myth that you need to go easy, try a solid shake instead if that's the issue, unless you already said it came out clear earlier. This is exactly why I stick with the standard name brand, and still check pH on every single draw from it. A drop on a pool test strip goes a long way toward not wasting a peptide, alongside using the right filter for the job.
 
Actually that particular compound comes out clear with small white particles floating in it. Photo quality just isn't great. Was told to mix in amino acid solution rather than the other compound. Not satisfied with how the seller responded, so planning to buy fresh diluent, check acidity levels beforehand, then retry.
 
Where I am it is nearly impossible right now to track down Hospira Bac. Thought about mixing benzyl alcohol into sterile water myself, but that just seems like adding extra risk for no real gain.
 
Tried reconstituting a nasal compound using standard sterile saline. Ended up gelling into a clump. Granted, wasn't using the bacteriostatic version. Definitely one I'd handle with extra caution going forward.
 
Back
Top