Hi so I'd been taking the oral form at 7.5 mg per tablet, stepped up from 3mg pills, and lost 26 pounds down from 204. Then the manufacturer rebranded that pill under a different name, and the only available 7.5 mg equivalent is now labeled as 4 mg under the new name. Let my doctor know I don't think it's working the same, so she bumped me up to what used to be the 14.5 mg strength under the old naming, so we'll see how that goes. She was initially hesitant to prescribe at all but seems more open now. I'm prediabetic with high blood pressure, early heart disease, and a fatty liver. My Medicare drug plan is covering this based on those diagnoses.
Hoping the increase helps, but if it doesn't, I might take the leap and ask about switching to a completely different medication entirely, the one that's specifically approved and NOT the one linked to obesity-related health concerns, right? Also dealing with constipation, taking two to three stool softeners daily along with prebiotics, flax crackers, and fruit. Trying to stay on top of water intake too. Wouldn't mind self-injecting if it came to that, but I've heard that option might eventually come in pill form too. Might just wait and reassess once I hit my deductible at year's end, and bring up switching then if needed.