kaitlyn_sowerby
New member
I'm 25, BMI around 30.7, and my gynecologist has me on metformin for irregular periods and PCOS symptoms. I have tried counting calories, a bunch of diets, workouts, even swimming, over and over. Never lost anything, only gained. So I saw an endocrinologist. He went through my reports and said nothing stops me from taking a GLP-1, I'm eligible for either one. We also talked about muscle loss and he wants me building muscle first, mine is 26.3 kg against 40 kg of fat.
Then he told me I remind him of his little sister and that I should see a dietitian and train for two months before anything else. When I asked if he'd write the script if I insisted, he said no. If I'm eligible, what exactly is he holding back? Is that just how he treats young patients? I'm in a new city now. Should I do the two months he wants, or find another endocrinologist for a second opinion? Anyone been through this? I'm honestly worn out.
Then he told me I remind him of his little sister and that I should see a dietitian and train for two months before anything else. When I asked if he'd write the script if I insisted, he said no. If I'm eligible, what exactly is he holding back? Is that just how he treats young patients? I'm in a new city now. Should I do the two months he wants, or find another endocrinologist for a second opinion? Anyone been through this? I'm honestly worn out.