Down 90lbs! Happy tears!!

Hong Kong Yanpep International
Started Oz in December, waist was 50 inches. Today it's 41.5—that's 8.5 inches gone and I look like I lost 20 pounds. But the scale? Only 4.5 lbs down. Not exercising, not building muscle. What's happening? Water retention?
 
Super responder at low doses is actually a more reliable outcome than high-dose fast loss - the early and sustained response signal tends to persist rather than plateau. The OP's 90 lbs and happy tears is the place low-dose super responders end up with enough time. How low is low for you and at what point did you know the medication was doing something significant?
 
The Zoloft and appetite connection is real and worth flagging to your prescriber if you haven't already. Some people find they can switch to an SSRI with a more weight-neutral profile. The maintenance phase is already impressive - 6 months holding after nearly a year on it is a solid result.
 
The trial composition question is a real gap. Most studies enroll participants at specific BMI thresholds that don't reflect the highest end of severe obesity, which means the extrapolation from trial efficacy to real-world outcomes at 65%+ starting weight comes with significant uncertainty. The OP's 90 lbs is exactly the kind of data point that doesn't show up in trials.
 
Overall I've dropped 75 lbs, with 35 of that coming while on Ozempic. I'm an incredibly slow loser (feels like I gain 5lbs just being near someone eating chocolate), so getting that 35 off took me three and a half years. Still, no gains means I'm counting it as a win!

It took over ten years to shed the original 40lbs.
 
Your body's still holding onto water and fluid, so ozempic sort of dries things out, and that early drop is largely water weight, so it'll bounce around day to day.

Yes it's totally doable as long as you keep at it and stay consistent with the medication. I've lost 23 pounds so far in six weeks.

Hard to picture sometimes but definitely possible, ha.
 
Been on ozempic for nearly two years without much major weight loss, was stuck at 2mg... now my doctor's bumped me up to 7.5mg, fingers crossed this finally does something for me. And best of luck to you with Mounjaro, hope you hit your target weight soon!
 
Back
Top