GLP-1 Success: Habits > Meds?

Hong Kong Yanpep International
Yeah the 72-week window on tirz is real - the weight loss effect plateaus but the metabolic stuff keeps going. Blood sugar, insulin sensitivity, cardiovascular markers. That part doesn't get talked about enough when people debate whether to stay on it.
 
288 to 245 losing a consistent pound a week and not planning to push the dose higher because the current pace is working is the textbook disciplined approach. The habits question is interesting when the weight is moving at that consistency - it's usually a combination of both rather than one alone. How does the off-cycle period compare to the on-cycle in terms of what eating looks like?
 
'Once you stop whatever intervention you're using, whether diet or medication, weight tends to return for most people, and this drug class isn't any different from other weight-loss approaches in that regard. Sure, some will say just build lasting healthy habits.'

I'd take that even further, honestly, these medications are what actually help me build and stick with healthy habits, essentially putting me on equal footing with people whose bodies naturally regulate weight better.
 
Carried extra weight for over two decades. With tirzepatide I followed the exact same approach I'd tried before, and ended up losing double the weight while going through half the misery, so by my math that's roughly four times more effective than dieting solo.

Dropped 97 pounds total, went from a size 20 down to a size 4, and I've been holding steady in maintenance for close to eighteen months now.
 
Back
Top