Hunger on injection day?

Hong Kong Yanpep International

WellGuy

Active member
Been noticing over recent weeks that on injection day specifically for tirz, hunger's stronger than usual. Never dealt with this before. Specifically shows up right after the shot. Anyone else run into this?
 
Yeah, those should ease off once you bump up to a stronger dose. They tend to creep back closer to the next scheduled injection though, right before it's due again.
 
Don't feel like I even need to ramp up further, I'm totally fine the day after, and even fine on shot day itself. It's really just by that afternoon of injection day that I actually notice it. Also already sitting at 15mg.
 
Same thing happens for me. Seems to shift shot to shot and even day to day. As it starts wearing off I'll have a hungrier day and think, yep, that's the sign it's fading. Come the following morning the effect's strong again and hunger quiets right back down.
 
Honestly, each shot hits me completely differently. Sometimes my appetite just vanishes, other times it's still there. Sometimes I get queasy or absolutely wiped out, other times I feel totally normal.
 
I see no real appetite change around my shot, whether the day prior or the day itself. At 18-20mg, tirzepatide has largely wiped out any strong urge to feed myself. I do feel hunger occasionally, generally when food is genuinely needed. Saturday doubles as my pin day and my cheat day, giving me a few extra calories. Not hunger, just the calendar and the cheat day rule.
 
Isn't that a common thing with GLP meds? I noticed it when tirz was new to me, over a year ago. As shot day approached (back when I still took it once weekly, before splitting) I'd turn snappy with people. Part of it is a kind of hangry without the hangry that's tough to explain to anyone who hasn't felt it. The first time, I stopped and wondered what was happening, then realized my brain wanted to eat while my stomach sent no hunger signals. Everyone's different, but it's not unusual. Take care!
 
I inject Sunday mornings. Three weeks at 2.5, and in the last one hunger started around Thursday. That pushed me to 5mg and I haven't had a hunger pang in the past month.
 
Back
Top