Low libido on GLP-1s?

Hong Kong Yanpep International
Mine went the other way - libido actually picked up a few months in. Could be the weight, the blood sugar, just feeling better. Everyone reacts differently. Is the dose timing something you've adjusted?
 
the libido moving in the wrong direction for both partners simultaneously is the worst case version of the GLP-1 relationship dynamic - the reward circuit suppression that quiets food drive can extend to sexual drive for some people, and if both people in the relationship are on the medication, that effect compounds. it's worth raising with a prescribing doctor explicitly, since there are dose adjustments and supplemental approaches that can help
 
Yes, definitely affected, drive fades progressively until it's essentially gone. Another side effect involves increased irritability and anger most of the time, which in turn kills the partner's interest too, so both people end up affected by reduced intimacy.
 
Same here. Used to only smoke socially, now up to two or three cigarettes daily. Strange shift. Meanwhile barely think about alcohol, sugar, or carbs at all, and my libido's definitely taken a hit. Only three weeks in on the .25 dose.
 
Started the single-pathway medication back in September. By February I'd reached 1.5mg weekly and my sex drive vanished completely. Still hasn't returned even after cutting back to a smaller amount. Went from wanting it every day to maybe once weekly. Still physically capable, just no real interest anymore.
 
Really glad I'm not alone. Libido gets discussed, but I'm unsure about aftereffects post-Reta. I agree with your point that sex itself isn't a problem, because it totally is not. It's enjoyable, not unpleasant at all. Orgasm is no problem, and it feels pleasant enough, but something feels chemically missing and my body doesn't respond the same way physically.
 
For many people, dopamine signaling is turned down on GLP1s, which drains much of the drive for that kind of behavior from your mind. In my case, sex drive rose at first and later tapered off. I suspect that's because inflammation had me loaded up until the medication flushed it out. Everything worked better, and I looked better too.
 
No answer here, though what you describe matches mine closely. No performance issues, sex is still enjoyable, but it went from something I thought about and initiated a lot to a shrugging attitude toward it. My drive was already stronger than my wifes, so it hasnt hurt our relationship, though I can see how it could in other situations. I told a friend and he reacted with horror, yet I explained its odd, because ahead of reta I would have agreed with him, and now that Im living it, it doesnt bother me. It sounds odd, but not caring leaves nothing to be bothered about. Before reta my drinking was pretty heavy too, and my one worry before any glp, something I mentioned to my wife, was losing the enjoyment of drinking. Now that Im on the other side, I simply dont care.
 
Back
Top