Mounjaro Baby: An Update!

Hong Kong Yanpep International
Endocrinologist advised using a backup contraception method alongside the current birth control being used. Planning to use spermicide alongside a partner who can be trusted. Barrier protection also works fine. Definitely don't risk it unless ready for a baby.
 
Had been on 10mg Mounjaro, discovered I was about 4-5 weeks pregnant, and stopped right away. My son passed five hours after birth, seemingly unconnected to the medication, though we're still waiting on the post-mortem results.
 
Hi, quick history: 15 months on Mounjaro brought a 160 lb loss total. Stopped taking it November 2025, found out I was pregnant in December. Lost my baby girl this May, 6 months along. Gained close to 50 lbs across that stretch, some pregnancy weight, some rebound from stopping the med, some just less careful eating amid cravings. Back on Mounjaro 5 weeks now, working the same as before, 18 pounds down since giving birth.

Nervous about restarting too, but it's gone well so far. Come across a few accounts where longer breaks led to good results on restart, matches my experience, though that's purely anecdotal. Worth a shot since Mounjaro is what got the weight off that let me get pregnant to begin with.
 
Official advice says come off two to three months ahead of trying. I chose otherwise after reading the data, and kept trying while on it. Conceiving was already hard for us, so pausing felt pointless. Many women conceive on it, me too. The moment a test came back positive I quit, having reached 15mg after 11 months of use, so it needed time to clear. Meanwhile my healthy three-week-old baby is napping on me. I had no crazy weight rebound either, gaining a normal amount in pregnancy and nothing until about 16 weeks. Postpartum I've got some weight to lose again, no rush. PCOS is part of my picture, and it improved every blood and hormone marker, though my loss was slower than the stories posted here. It's pricey in the UK, yet I intend to restart later for my PCOS.
 
Back
Top