My A1C is about to come back non-diabetic on retatrutide

Hong Kong Yanpep International

Lab_Girl

Active member
Month one on reta and I think my numbers are about to raise eyebrows. My diagnosis is type 2 diabetes, and the next A1C is due soon. Fasting readings the last few mornings have sat around 87, and through the day my meter averages low 90s. I check several times daily, so that's a lot of data points. For context I also went low carb with high protein, started lifting again and I'm on the bike a few times a week, so I can't credit the reta alone. Still, the trend is hard to ignore.

What worries me is the appointment itself. If the lab comes back non-diabetic after only a few weeks, my doctor will want to know what changed. A coworker says I should be upfront about what I'm taking, and I keep flip-flopping. Has anyone had this conversation? How did your doctor react, and did you bring it up first or wait to be asked?
 
My start was almost twelve months back, for diabetes. I was just 181 at 5'9.5 (heavy for me) with A1C 7.8. Now I'm 143 and my newest A1C reads 5.5. I built up to 2.0, then six months in we stepped back down to a single mg, and nothing has shifted since. Good luck!
 
Back
Top