New wardrobe time!

Hong Kong Yanpep International
Totally agree! Took me ages to finally ditch the oversized clothes. Still have a bit more weight to lose, so I've started hitting thrift stores and found some genuinely nice pieces that should still work once these last ten to fifteen pounds come off. Understand the body dysmorphia struggle too, still catch myself seeing or feeling bigger than I actually am. But the moment I put on something new that actually fits right, suddenly I just look like an average person, which really helps counter that feeling of being oversized. Also cleared out nearly everything oversized from my closet, kept just a couple of hoodies.

Once I'm finished losing, planning to work with a stylist and invest in genuinely nice pieces that suit me and boost my confidence. Also shoes! Most of mine are now way too roomy!
 
Went from one extreme clear to the other after losing the weight. Used to shop online exclusively for plus sizes, now I'm grabbing kids' clothes and training bras! Kids' section is definitely cheaper too. I'm particular about what I actually want, mostly basics, but finding it consistently isn't always simple
 
Saw a few people mention clothes, so I'll add mine, I hold onto an almost hoarder-level amount of outfits. Got up to 215 and some of them still worked, didn't look awful either. Now at 160, my actual goal, and everything in that closet fits. Wild to think I was cramming fifty-five extra pounds into the same pieces. Grabbing literally anything to wear now just fits and looks right, love that feeling.
Just throw it on, no more fussing over angles or trying to hide how rough it looks. No swapping through five different tops to avoid 'looking heavier.'
Really looking forward to summer, wearing whatever I want without that awful self-conscious feeling trailing me.
We're all way too harsh on ourselves, and honestly, that's a shame.
 
This is basically my daily reality. Right now the issue is I've still got another 40 pounds to lose, so investing heavily in a new wardrobe doesn't feel worth it yet. So I'm rotating through secondhand and budget-store finds along with a bunch of dress shirts that are now way too roomy.

As far as style goes, I've been leaning on my teenage daughter for guidance. She's genuinely great at helping me look put-together while still feeling like myself. I get compliments whenever she picks something out, so I'm sticking with her input. Left to my own devices it'd be jeans and loud printed shirts every single day, totally fine when I carried more weight, less so now.

Worth mentioning too, that distorted body perception thing is completely real. Been at every extreme from severely underweight to significantly overweight, and honestly I just don't have a clear picture of what I actually look like anymore. Sounds silly, but it's genuinely true. Accepting that made it much easier to just trust what other people tell me.
 
Back
Top