Reta took the spark out of my dating life

Hong Kong Yanpep International
Not sure how to say this without sounding dramatic, but reta has flattened me and I hate it. I was always the fun one on a first date, chatty and warm and quick to laugh. These days I show up tired in a way sleep doesn't fix and my energy just sits there. The guys I meet seem to feel it too, because the second dates I used to get have dried up. With two teens at home I'm already running on fumes, so I probably notice it more than most.

The food part is exactly what I signed up for, the constant chatter in my head is gone. But it feels like the same switch turned down everything that used to feel good, my libido included. I can't tell if it's the dose, the weight loss itself or just me. Has anyone else felt this flat, and did it ever come back? Did lowering the dose help or did you just wait it out?
 
I've seen the opposite. I run trt and reta together and my body's doing well. Did you get your hormones checked? My energy, clarity, mood and libido are all up. Now when I have a treat the flavor is explosive, it feels like a real treat instead of a coping habit. Maybe get progesterone checked too, it can't hurt and something might show up.
 
If your sex drive has practically vanished after months on reta you're in good company, I went through it too. Far more folks go through this than let on, yet it never comes up. A few things stack up. Bodies aren't keen on sex during a long calorie deficit, particularly when cutting quickly, and the nausea and GI weirdness of these drugs don't help the mood. For many the bigger issue is hormonal: fast fat loss can disturb estrogen and testosterone because fat tissue makes hormones, so dropping it quickly can crash levels more than expected. Throw in low levels of iron, B12 or zinc (often happens when cutting hard) plus fatigue, stress and mood effects from the meds, and lots is working against you.
 
Started Reta back in November 2023. Eighteen months of maintenance now, weight steady, 10 mg every week. 65 pounds gone. Now training with a coach to build muscle. What bugs me most is the anhedonia and lack of desire, not just sexual but everything. I pulled away from people, and things I used to love stopped feeling good. Life feels like a dull black and white film. I'm not quitting Reta though!
 
Back
Top