Semi success: 1 year check-in

Hong Kong Yanpep International
The dosage and routine details are the part of these posts that transfers most directly - the timeline and total pounds is useful context but the per-week cadence, how titration was managed, and what the protein and exercise looked like is what actually helps someone calibrate their own expectations. Would love to hear more of the specifics.
 
Same-day food noise going quiet is the experience that most people find hardest to explain to someone who hasn't had it. The nausea-on-empty and injection-day headache are the side effects that stay consistent even when everything else settles. How does your one year compare to where you expected to be when you started?
 
196 to 160 in 4 months and then 3-4 months of stall before things moved again is almost exactly the pattern the OP described. The 'semi' framing for one year is so common - it works, and then it works differently, and the people who push through the stall phase end up with the better story. What broke the plateau for you?
 
the she-did-the-shot commentary is the social policing version of GLP-1 stigma - the results are visible and acknowledged but attributed to the medication rather than to the person making a sustained protocol work. the people making that comment would not apply the same framing to someone who lost weight through surgery or structured diet, which is what makes it worth not explaining yourself to that audience
 
Started back in September 2025, didn't notice anything until reaching the 1.7mg mark, but I've lost 48 pounds now. Went from 226 to 177, slow and steady the whole way, still have to stay genuinely disciplined about meals, but it's happening. Not the overnight miracle some people describe, but way better than where I was before!
 
I've dropped just under 20 percent of my total body weight and I'm still losing steadily. Started this med back in May 2024, so I'm well past the 72-week mark at this point. Didn't bump my dose every month the way some people do. Currently holding at 12.5 and I'll stay there until it genuinely stops working. Still have at least 50 more pounds to go.
 
Don't have much advice to offer, but wanted to say thanks for sharing your tracking log. Mine bounces up and down rather than a clean downward line, and it's genuinely reassuring knowing that's not unusual.
 
Almost asked why you hadn't moved up to 2mg yet, but glad that question got covered already. Sounds like 1mg is still doing plenty for you though!
 
Appreciate you sharing that. So things just improved naturally as your body settled in? Been a slow grind for me too, mostly since climbing doses quickly just hasn't been an option. Sitting at 7kg lost across six months. Guess patience pays off though, slower loss is probably the healthier route anyway..
 
Managed to acquire it before doing my homework and pushed the amount up far too quickly. Noticed appetite suppression kicking in around 1mg weekly and kept escalating until reaching 4mg weekly. Called it there once skin sensitivity got bad enough that I considered shaving my arms and legs, the hairs just felt wrong brushing against clothing. Dropped about 10lbs across six weeks before stopping it. Currently sitting comfortably at 1mg weekly, plenty to keep food noise silenced.
 
Only just finished my last 1mg injection yesterday evening, but waiting to see how the week plays out sounds smart. I've been extremely disciplined tracking and weighing food, not much room left to tighten there. Only just getting back into the gym after a long medical leave, so I'm not lifting anything heavy yet, but I get why that matters and I'm easing back in gradually.
 
Bit of both probably. Ran a 9mg dose last week, then a second one yesterday. Barely budged, only .2lb down. Travel threw our whole routine off and we're still catching up from missed doses. Expecting things to normalize again next week.
 
Back
Top