Too anxious to start - anyone else scared of nausea side effects?

Hong Kong Yanpep International

PickyEater_91

Active member
Had an ozempic pen sitting around for a week now. Can't bring myself to actually start because the anxiety around nausea feels completely paralyzing.

Emetophobia has been part of life forever. Throwing up itself feels 100 percent intolerable no matter what, though nausea alone has gotten more manageable over the years. But this particular hurdle just isn't budging.

Known fact: plenty of people never even get that particular reaction. Known fact: things could genuinely turn out fine. Still wasn't ready for this level of paralyzing anxiety over it.

Feeling pretty stuck here and would take any gentle, sane advice anyone has to offer. Really appreciate it.
 
Suspect a good chunk of the 'I can't even think about food' crowd are pushing through side effects that shouldn't be tolerated. Severe nausea, throwing up, stomach chaos. Says something about how much suffering people will accept just to look thin (yes, I know there are legitimate medical reasons for Ozempic, but this is coming from people who don't actually need it for weight or diabetes either). Never heard of anyone putting up with this level of misery unless it was genuinely life-saving with no other option. I don't obsess over food like I used to, and don't feel that pull to grab something sweet just for the dopamine hit anymore. Makes a massive difference for my focus too, way sharper than before. But I still enjoy eating, still get hungry, still need food. Just without the same urgency.
 
Back
Top