Transitioning to maintenance...

Hong Kong Yanpep International
Now the real challenge begins, sorting out the right maintenance dose. Still fifteen pounds away from that target range myself, but seeing posts like this keeps the motivation going.
 
Been running a microdose for seven months now, lost 30 pounds and put on some muscle from working out. Would definitely recommend it if you're already at goal and just looking to maintain.
 
Whole point here is building better habits and eating cleaner. Thankfully reta doesn't wipe out appetite completely, so I was able to actually eat healthier through it. Brought the dose down to 2mg gradually, not all at once in a week. Was tempted to quit entirely, but the other perks, blood pressure especially, make sticking with a maintenance dose worth it. Might even stretch dosing out to every two weeks rather than sticking with weekly.
 
Hoping not.

Five pounds out and already thinking about scaling back to a maintenance amount. Currently at 8mg, considering working down toward 4mg. Never planning to fully quit reta though. Still can't quite believe I've lost 50 pounds so far, heading toward 55. Some stubborn belly fat left that I'm hoping clears up slowly with continued shots and exercise.
 
Coming up on a year on reta soon. Took it slow and steady, dropped a solid amount over roughly eleven months and landed a bit under target. Still working on body recomposition since those final pounds seemed to hit muscle and strength pretty hard.

Never went above a moderate weekly amount. Titrated up gradually and now titrating back down just as gradually. Stepped down a level and held there a month. Just dropped another notch today and will hold there too. Plan is continuing this slow step-down and seeing whether weight holds steady. Originally planned to taper all the way to zero, but given how much is being learned about the broader health benefits of this drug class beyond just weight, might opt to stay on a small maintenance amount indefinitely regardless.
 
Getting close to goal, within five pounds, and curious to hear from anyone who's been on reta two-plus years. Microdosing? Cruising? Once I hit target I'm planning to find a maintenance level, currently at 2mg after starting at .5mg back in April. Or maybe I'll cycle off entirely just to know what it's like without it. Loads of cardio each week, roughly 95 percent of meals tracked, eating mostly clean. Guess what I'm really asking is whether anyone's noticed physical or mental downsides from staying on this long term.
 
Right there with you, though not quite as extreme. Blew right past my second goal. Running Reta, was at 9mg. Not planning to ever come off this, and eased back to 6mg this past Friday. Need to see where the scale lands at the next check-in before deciding what's next. Dealing with the belly skin thing too. I'd follow the advice above and pull the dose back. Kind of surprised I've still got loose belly skin while dropping 2 pounds a week.
 
Back
Top