Weight loss on GLP-1s depends on what you eat?

Hong Kong Yanpep International
Weight loss usually does make people happier at first. Though I'll say sometimes folks expect it to fix stuff it won't. People didn't suddenly treat me nicer or anything after dropping weight - just stayed the same. But at least I feel better in my own skin now.
 
Sounds awesome! Would love to hear what you're eating for that one meal - timing, calorie target, and all the details. I'm stuck right now and looking to get the scale moving again. Your experience might be just what I need.
 
That's awesome! My numbers are close to yours too - started at 198, down to 166 now - and honestly the coolest part has been getting my rings back on! Even had a couple resized cause they fit again
 
The calcium in those newer formulas is supposedly more bioavailable and stable, tied to lower heart disease risk. But honestly, glp-1 seems to handle lipid problems more effectively overall.
 
You're onto the real issue. Diet quality makes all the difference in how much you actually lose. Been learning a ton from paying attention to what different doctors say about this.
 
sweating isn't actually a solid side effect from tirzepatide. most people report feeling cold early on instead. peri-menopause though? that causes sudden night sweats way more often. worth checking in with your doc if the timing lines up.
 
The food comfort loss is the psychological adjustment that gets less discussion than the appetite suppression - when eating served a functional role for stress or boredom, losing that pull is its own adjustment. The craving pattern that remains is usually lower-intensity: enough to notice but not enough to override the way it used to. The shock of realizing how much previous eating was functional rather than hunger comes from the medication making that visible. Diet quality still matters for body composition and how you feel, even when the calorie equation is handling most of the work.
 
Metabolism variability is the thing that makes comparison to others less useful than tracking your own response over time. Noise suppression starting at 0.5 is real for many people but the full appetite effect usually takes a few more dose steps to land properly.
 
The 0.8g/lb protein point is solid. The surplus is the harder piece - GLP-1 suppression puts most people in a natural deficit without trying. Recomp at maintenance is more realistic than a deliberate surplus while the medication is active.
 
Protein quality on the food side is where the muscle-loss question gets answered. What you eat changes the composition picture.
 
Not gaining on an all-inclusive vacation while still eating everything in smaller portions is one of the outcomes that shows the difference between restriction and satiation - the food itself doesn't have to change, just the volume.
 
I call my glp superpower 'control.' Still enjoy food. Hunger still shows up too. What's new is that, for once in my life, I can actually pause and ask myself, 'Do I genuinely want this?' 'Does this move me toward my goal?'

Roughly 50 pounds over roughly 50 weeks is a completely reasonable pace.
 
Basically zero appetite on Mounjaro. Barely think about food unless I'm a day out from my next shot. Ozempic never controlled my appetite anywhere near this well. Down 90 pounds since I started this whole journey. Was actually cruising when I first began GLP treatment, kept piling food on my plate out of habit but never finished any of it. My advice is to eat slowly and with real intention.
 
Wait, four pounds weekly is your pace? Makes sense though, greasy and heavily processed food hits way harder on this class of medication. That's honestly a big part of why it's so effective.
 
This drug class helps by making it easier to eat less and takes the misery out of the deficit. But that's really the whole mechanism, helping you eat less. The eating less part still has to happen on your end.

If your maintenance number is 1800 calories and you're eating 1800 calories, no medication in this class is going to make those pounds disappear on your behalf.
 
I mostly agree, controlling what you eat is a workable strategy and lasts far longer than counting calories. In 2022-23 I dropped 70kg with no glp at all, eating mostly protein with minimal fat, food of low energy density around 1kcal per gram or less, and zero high glycemic, rich or addictive foods. It was more extreme and less fussy, and without tracking basically nothing on my plate could add weight, since you can't physically fit enough calories. Mostly lean meat, vegetables and fruit. I avoided rich foods so light food still felt like real food, and to avoid triggering binges. Hunger was with me most hours, but I could stick with it for around 3 more years, and these days glp drugs handle the constant hunger.
 
Back
Top