Anyone else notice a mental shift?

Hong Kong Yanpep International
Still eating more than I'd like, still binge sometimes, food noise's still there, just quieter than before. Mostly habit at this point though, currently trying to figure out how to break that pattern.
 
Mine never fully went away, it's more that my portions shrank dramatically. I'll obsess over craving something specific all day, go through the whole effort of making or buying it, then only get through a few bites before thinking why did I even bother, lol.
 
The habit-building part is what most people skip over since curbed hunger makes it feel like a non-issue at the time, then it ends up being the only thing keeping everything steady once you stop the medication. That's usually where things fall apart for people.
 
Yes, made a huge difference starting from that very first small dose. Food doesn't dominate my thoughts constantly anymore, even during stressful moments.
 
Yes! Spent the opening months weighing every bit of food, tracking calories with real precision, hitting my protein and calorie targets consistently. Noticed the food noise shift almost right away, which made staying consistent way easier, but it fully changed how I approach eating. After logging everything for so long the burnout finally hit and I quit, and for the very first time ever I've genuinely been eating purely on instinct, something I never even believed was possible for someone like me. Losing more weight now than back when I was carefully planning every meal around an 1800 calorie target, but I think that whole tracking phase is exactly what set me up to succeed later.
 
Always found it wild that some people didn't have food constantly occupying their thoughts. I was perpetually fixated on when my next meal would be. These days food crosses my mind occasionally, but it's genuinely strange because my headspace is filled with other stuff now. Honestly believe I was dealing with a genuine food addiction, wild that I lived with it for so long without ever naming it.
 
Back
Top