Down 93kg... Now what?!

Hong Kong Yanpep International
Fit-Tale said:
That's awesome! How long have you been on it? I'm thinking about starting but a bit nervous.

Started almost a year ago now - best decision I ever made! I was pretty anxious too, but the benefits have been incredible. Just make sure you find a good doctor who can guide you through the process.
 
off glps for five months and losing faster than when i was on them. stacked healthy habits. that way if one fails you got backups. at the end it's calories in out. glps crossfit cooking meal prep.
 
Ha - that's a very specific perspective on the current situation. The 93kg milestone deserves celebrating regardless of household circumstances.
 
112 to 106 in almost 4 weeks is a strong start and the OP's 93kg total result is the view from the other side of a very long run. The now what question when you hit a goal that big is real - the maintenance picture looks completely different at that scale. How long did it take to get from the start to where the OP is now and is there a target you're working toward?
 
the 1% body weight per week ceiling is the practical guideline for people at higher starting weights where the raw number can look dramatic. 93kg down from 180 is more than halfway to a body that barely exists in most people's imagination. still wanting to go lower even after reaching maintenance is such a relatable problem to have.
 
Switching to something else feels premature right now since nothing else out there matches how strong this option is. Stalled between 170 and 180 for eight months straight. Wanted to hurl my scale straight through a mirror. Can't handle much past 800-900 calories since my stomach just won't tolerate more. Keep the water flowing. So proud of you though!! Shedding pounds is genuinely no small feat!! Every time I thought progress had stopped for good, the scale eventually caught up. Exhausting process! I have more confidence in your success than words can capture. It's coming.
 
Yep! A lot of us just burn far fewer calories at baseline, which makes losing weight genuinely brutal even eating very little. That's just the reality, so we find ways to push through anyway. My total daily burn on most days lands around 1600 calories. Fortunate to be sitting right at target for three years running now, but back when chasing those final five or ten pounds? Had to hold at 1100 calories daily just to lose a single pound weekly. Genuinely rough. Even maintaining now takes real planning whenever weekend plans involve eating out or having a couple drinks. Even 1600 calories doesn't stretch far. Not much flexibility built in, and that's exactly why so many people struggle to lose and then hold steady, especially smaller women navigating menopause. At 132 pounds and 5'8 during menopause, just maintaining takes real effort, ha.
 
Personally don't want to drop too low since holding there would be a constant struggle.
Would rather land at a slightly-above-ideal number than fight tooth and nail to stay at the healthy mark.

Honestly the food intake sounds pretty low given your height and current weight, so guessing appetite suppression is pretty strong for you? If that's the case, wouldn't rush the dose up further since that just makes it harder later once the body's adjusted to eating so little.
Taller than average myself, but decided the target was maintaining on a moderate daily calorie amount, so that's roughly what's been eaten the whole way through. Started with a big deficit and dropped fast, now it's a much smaller deficit with tiny losses, and maintenance is right around the corner.
 
Appreciate it, that really helps me understand things better. Genuinely unclear on what my target weight should even be, but being this close to 160 has my brain going 'might as well keep cutting.' Could be I jumped ahead of myself here. That urge to keep losing probably comes from just not eating enough, staying under 1300 a day has been genuinely difficult this past month. Wouldn't mind staying on this indefinitely if needed.
P.S. Won't lie, maintenance has me a little anxious.
 
Still no brake pedal in sight, and the loss continues. It's slower now, but I'm at 128lbs and my doctor says stop losing... believe me, I'm trying. I've cut the dose again, injecting every 10 days now, hopefully that's the fix. I never expected this problem at the start. It's not a terrible problem and countless people would swap their long slog for it, but it does frustrate me. Even I accept I'm thin now, though my old fat-brain couldn't process weight loss, and now the mirror makes me ask who that skinny woman is. Thin works for me, Looking skeletal is the thing to avoid, and that's about 10lbs away.
 
That's amazing, and I have a similar approach. My own loss is just 20 kg so far, with 10-15 more in mind. The first 10 I lost on my own. Has loose skin been a problem now that 80kg is gone? A bit has started to show on me and I'm clueless about handling it.
 
Back
Top