Been taking a diabetes medication for years purely for longevity purposes, so I never got close to prediabetic. A while back I started on the first compound to shed some weight. Worked well for a stretch. Then switched over to the second compound and it performed even better. Now at maintenance I'm combining a modest amount of the second compound with a modest amount of the fifth compound. Kept the diabetes medication going throughout, naturally. (Plus hitting the gym a couple times weekly.)
A recent two-week readout from my glucose monitor came back describing tight, stable, metabolically efficient control, with minimal variability, quick post-meal clearance, and zero dangerous lows. The patterns pointed to excellent insulin sensitivity and strong metabolic flexibility. Across several mornings my fasting reading held steady in an elite low range without drifting. My swings after meals stayed remarkably tight too, well under what even healthy people typically see, and nighttime readings stayed impressively flat.
For what it's worth, my readout actually beat my partner's, who's also at their target weight and running higher amounts of both compounds