slim_pretzel6411
Member
Started reading up on making a nasal spray with oxytocin and the dose figures surprised me, they are way smaller than I expected. What I dug up from clinical sources: roughly 10 to 48 IU a day intranasal. The low end, 10 to 20 IU once daily, gets mentioned for general wellbeing. Somewhere around 20 to 24 IU gets cited when the goal is easing social anxiety or building closeness. Higher protocols run 24 to 48 IU split across two doses, and there is a 40 IU pre-session dose for PTSD work. Onset seems to be 15 to 30 minutes.
Storage is the part I want to get right. No preservative means it only lasts 48 to 72 hours in the fridge at 2 to 8 C, so my plan is to freeze small aliquots, thaw one at a time and keep only that one cold. I also read that sterile saline is the diluent here, not bacteriostatic water. Does that match what others do? Has anyone built a sprayer and can share how it went?
Storage is the part I want to get right. No preservative means it only lasts 48 to 72 hours in the fridge at 2 to 8 C, so my plan is to freeze small aliquots, thaw one at a time and keep only that one cold. I also read that sterile saline is the diluent here, not bacteriostatic water. Does that match what others do? Has anyone built a sprayer and can share how it went?