Ozempic shut down the food chatter!

Hong Kong Yanpep International
I've definitely changed my eating—way smaller portions, more mindful of what goes in. Cut out candy, chips, soda completely. Drinking way more water and protein. Trying hard to hit 100g protein a day which is tough with no appetite, but I'm working on it. Haven't done great with exercise though, that's the weak spot.
 
I drink a protein shake every morning when I wake up—gives me 30g right off the bat, plus my meds and supplements go down easier. On days when eating is rough I'll do another one for lunch. Fairlife chocolate, Oikos, or Jocko coffee are my go-tos.
 
i plan meals protein first. chicken breast thighs ground beef salmon pork. work out a lot so always a carb potato sweet potato rice pasta. then veggies. chili stir fry soups burritos stuff like that usually.
 
The leftover obsession is exactly it - knowing something is in the fridge and unable to stop thinking about it until you eat it. Ozempic just turns that off. I couldn't believe how quiet my head got the first week. It felt like something was broken at first.
 
Bodies got wired for food scarcity baked deep into evolutionary history, constantly whispering uncertainty about the next meal. This medication quiets that entire chatter down. Genuinely fantastic effect.
 
Good way to frame it! I dragged my feet forever before starting, even with several doctors bringing it up, just wouldn't admit how loud my food noise actually was. Finally got past that and hoping this makes a real difference.
 
Problem is genuinely just not feeling hungry at all. Have to consciously make myself eat, and it's nearly six weeks in now. Food barely crosses my mind these days.
 
Ozempic makes hunger and cravings so much easier to handle. Congrats to you! Know exactly how big a milestone that is!
 
That's incredible, respect! Honestly a little nervous myself, my eating's pretty rough right now, fast food basically daily. Hoping this helps kill those cravings.
 
Ran into pretty much the identical thing here. Physical hunger disappeared quickly, but the habit of obsessing over eating stuck around out of pure routine for months afterward. Pushing the dose higher moved the needle a bit, but what really settled the mental side down was pairing a gut supplement with the medication. Seems like each one tackles a separate piece, one calms the body's craving, the other calms the head. Currently at a moderate amount and running both together keeps everything fairly settled.
 
People who've never dealt with constant food thoughts genuinely can't grasp how overwhelming it gets. I compare it to how some people relate to gambling. For plenty of folks, gambling barely registers, like 'eh, whatever, I'll go do something else' and that's the whole thought, done. But someone else gets consumed by it around the clock, and food's exactly that 'meh whatever' thing for them.

I've fought this constant food fixation my whole life and it's draining. Pretty much gave up at one point, figured I'd rather stay heavy than keep fighting the endless battle against overeating, since the moment I stopped pouring nearly all my energy into it, the weight came right back. Hoping this medication changes that. Still too early in my run for big results, but every single time I notice I'm able to hold off a bit, sixty or ninety minutes, before eating something I'm craving, it genuinely shocks me.

And yeah, still haven't told my mother either. She'd act supportive to my face but judge me to other people behind my back.
 
Tbh I stayed hungry during my 8 months on it, only the noise in my head about food and the cravings vanished. Three months off now. Ask another doctor too, but it wasn't a miracle for me. And the cost is nuts. Keep pushing!
 
The food noise, no question. Explaining it to others properly. It just stopped. Only once it went quiet did I see how loud it had been. Huge relief. It kicked in within 24 hours.
 
Back
Top