plateau_again
Active member
Something I saw online yesterday has stuck with me. Someone posted a photo of a GLP-1 ad that somebody defaced with a slogan telling everyone to refuse drugs and stay fat, and the comments under it were ugly toward anyone taking these meds for weight. People keep saying they were made for diabetes and are getting downgraded into weight loss drugs. I get why diabetics feel protective, those patients depend on them. But for people whose weight comes with addiction, metabolic problems or a mental health condition, they are a lifeline too.
I live with ADHD along with binge eating disorder, and I have carried extra weight since I was a kid. Mounjaro is the first thing that helped without a rigid diet plan, which is impossible with binge eating. What gets me is the argument that side effects make it unfit for weight loss, as if staying obese for decades has none. One guy even blocked me when I said why I take it. Anyone else run into this attitude? How do you handle it?
I live with ADHD along with binge eating disorder, and I have carried extra weight since I was a kid. Mounjaro is the first thing that helped without a rigid diet plan, which is impossible with binge eating. What gets me is the argument that side effects make it unfit for weight loss, as if staying obese for decades has none. One guy even blocked me when I said why I take it. Anyone else run into this attitude? How do you handle it?