Food noise, hunger & GLP-1 reality

Hong Kong Yanpep International
The research alignment is real - the anecdotal experience here and the mechanism data tend to tell the same story from different angles. The food noise piece especially is one where the lived experience matches what the science describes happening.
 
Never claimed there's zero appetite suppression, just that it's noticeably milder compared to the dual-action option.

Look into how people are combining Reta and Tirz together and you'll see it's a common pairing. The idea is chasing the glucagon-driven fat loss from Reta while adding a small amount of the other for the appetite-suppressing piece.
 
Noticed both the mental noise dropping and my appetite shrinking on day one, but six months into Tirz now, I've come to see them as two completely separate things. There've been stretches where hunger crept back in strong, yet the quiet in my head around food never returned. My theory, could easily be wrong, is that the mental piece comes from how the drug interacts with the brain directly, while the physical hunger piece ties back to delayed stomach emptying, which tends to fade around the three-month mark on Tirz, so that early intense fullness stops showing up. Basically: quiet head equals brain effect, hunger equals physical effect.
 
This resonates a lot with me, and I treat food noise and hunger as two separate things. Background food chatter can persist even when your stomach is full, which explains why people binge or fixate on the idea of bingeing. I file food noise under mental and hunger under bodily. On reta, it reduced food noise somewhat at first, but I never felt physically full and in time the physical hunger became overwhelming, so I quit. Intense hunger drowns out every other thought about food, so both sides are involved. I tried cagri only briefly since I got nothing from it: neither the yearning nor the hunger dropped, it only made me tired. Tirz, my latest experiment, definitely lowers the physical hunger, but Im unsure about the food noise side. It helps, but not as strongly as I hoped.
 
Counterintuitively, a lower number on this scale actually means stronger binding affinity.

That explains why the third compound underperforms on appetite suppression (higher number for the relevant receptor), and why adding a small amount of the single-pathway drug onto a dual-action regimen offers another route for cutting through returning food chatter.
 
My understanding was that if food chatter and appetite stay quiet, the medication's doing its job. That it's not really about metabolism.
Also hesitant to bring this up with my doctor since there's not much room left before hitting the max dose. Just not thinking about food constantly anymore feels like freedom on its own.
 
I get that on tirz as well, food noise mostly quiet. It generally signals a few days of eating too little catching up, rather than the drug suddenly failing. A real meal with solid protein squashes it, and if hunger lingers for days I look at sleep and calories before worrying.
 
Back
Top